WordPress is the most popular content management system, and WooCommerce is arguably, in turn, one of its most popular tools.
With over 3 million websites using the tool, it is easy for multiple website shops to look bland and similar. However, this can only happen if you use the default WooCommerce templates. This scenario underlines the importance of customizing your WooCommerce product page, but there are other reasons why you should.
Presenting a uniquely branded and customized product page is one of the best ways of connecting with a potential customer. Through your personalization, you also get to improve the user interface (UX) for this and other pages of your online shop. All this may sound complicated when you consider the complexities of web coding, but you can achieve all this without touching a single line of code.
We are going to look at how you can edit your WooCommerce single product page straightforwardly for the good of your entire website.
Free Plugin for Customizing Your WooCommerce Product Page
There are many alternative tools that you can use to customize your WooCommerce single product page. However, we zeroed in on the absolute best of them and devised this tutorial to get you there in the best and shortest way possible.
Once you have installed and activated WooCommerce, you will need a page builder plugin and a plugin that is specifically tailored to enhance WooCommerce product pages. Therefore, here are the two best options for you to get started seamlessly:
Elementor is the most widely used page builder for WordPress, being responsible for building about 8.8 million websites worldwide as of 2023. It is incredibly user-friendly and makes it easy to brand and customize your single product page and even create new ones.
At the same time, ShopBuilder is like the hack of the century with all its WooCommerce-centered benefits. ShopBuilder offers one free single WooCommerce product page template that you can customize and personalize around your brand. It is so easy to work with that you can come up with a unique page in a few minutes!
Step-by-Step Tutorial on How to Customize a WooCommerce Product Page
You may end up making many changes to your product page as you work on different products on your website. Even if this is your first time doing it, this carefully curated guide is ideal for navigating the main WooCommerce product page customizations necessary for making more sales. Here we go!
Step 1: Install Elementor and ShopBuilder
The beautiful part about this step is that both these plugins are available for free, considering the purposes of this guide. In case you need to extend use beyond their free versions, you can explore their outstanding paid versions. However, the free versions are more than satisfactory for now and are, therefore, available in the WordPress plugin directory.
- Go to your admin WordPress dashboard and click on Add New under the Plugins menu item. (Plugins 🡪 Add New)
- On the next page, find a search box, enter the word Elementor, and search. The first option should be the Elementor Website Builder.
- Click on the Install button on it and then click on Activate.
- Go to your admin WordPress dashboard and click on Add New under the Plugins menu item. (Plugins 🡪 Add New)
- On the next page, find a search box, enter the word ShopBuilder, and search.
- Find ShopBuilder by RadiusTheme, click on the Install button on it, and then click on Activate.
Step 2: Create a Single Product Page Template
With the ShopBuilder WooCommerce plugin, you can create templates for single product pages easily.
- On your admin menu, go to ShopBuilder 🡪 Template Builder.
- Click on the Add New button to create your template.
- On the popup for template settings, select Product Page under Template Name and Product Page and select Product Page under Select Template Type and Elementor under Select Editor Type.
- Under Sample Design, your responsibility is choosing the predesigned design layouts or going with a blank template that you can then design and personalize.
- You should check the Set Default checkbox to activate this template on the frontend.
- Click on Save to officially create your template.
- To start customizing and branding your product page with the Elementor page builder, click on the Edit with Elementor button.
Step 3: Use Widgets to Customize Pages
ShopBuilder offers 24 widgets that facilitate the creation of product pages. You can disable the widgets as easily as enabling them by toggling them singly or in bulk from the Elementor Widgets section. It is easy to create any element that your product page needs with these widgets.
- Go to the Elementor Edit page.
- Click on the Elements tab.
- Under ShopBuilder – Product, you will see only the enabled widgets; disabled widgets will not appear here.
Here are the widgets and the features you can use them for on your pages:
Upsell Product (Custom Layout)
This widget enables you to showcase upsell products on your WooCommerce product page with a ShopBuilder custom layout.
Upsell Product Slider (Custom Layout)
This widget displays upsell products with a custom slider view layout on your product page.
Related Product (Custom Layout)
This widget enables you to display related products on a ShopBuilder custom layout.
Related Product Slider (Custom Layout)
The Related Product Slider showcases related products on a custom slider view layout on the product page.
Upsell Product (Default Layout)
The Upsell Product widget is ideal for presenting the upsell products in a default layout of your active theme or the WooCommerce default layout.
Related Product (Default Layout)
This widget exhibits related products through the default WooCommerce layout or the default layout that your active theme offers.
This widget showcases the title of your product on the product detail page.
The product image widget will display your product images on the product detail page.
The additional information widget enables you to display any additional information about your product
The product rating widget lets you showcase the ratings of products on the product page.
This widget facilitates the display of the price of products.
This widget enables you to use SKU, category, and tags.
The notice widget showcases notifications concerning a product on the product detail page.
The product share widget presents the social share button.
This widget is a top feature of the ShopBuilders module, which is responsible for presenting functions like product comparison and Wishlist.
This widget showcases product reviews, additional information, and descriptions.
This widget displays the product review list and review submission form.
Product Add to Cart
The product Add to Cart widget displays the add-to-cart button.
This widget shows the status of your product’s stock.
This widget displays the product SKU.
This widget displays the product’s tag list.
The widget showcases the name of the product category.
This product description widget showcases product descriptions.
The short description widget displays the short product description for the product page.
Step 4: Optimize Your Product Page for Improved Conversion Rates
Optimizing a product page is important for the conversion rates and success of your online shop. It will encourage your visitors to make purchases and guide them through the entire process. Here is how to go about optimizing your product page:
- Clear and Compelling Product Descriptions: Ensure that your product descriptions are clear, concise, and compelling. Clearly communicate the features and benefits of the product and highlight what sets it apart from others in the market. Use persuasive language that speaks to the needs and desires of your target audience.
- High-Quality Visuals: Incorporate high-quality images and, if possible, videos of the product from different angles. Visuals play a significant role in the online shopping experience, as they give customers a better understanding of the product’s appearance and functionality. Make sure the images are professional, zoomable, and showcase the product in real-world scenarios.
- Prominent and Clear Call-to-Action (CTA): The CTA button, such as “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart,” should be prominently displayed and easily accessible. Use contrasting colors to make the button stand out. Additionally, ensure that the text on the CTA button is clear and conveys a sense of urgency or value.
- User-Friendly Navigation: Make it easy for visitors to navigate your product page. Use a logical layout with a clear hierarchy. Group related information together and use descriptive headings and bullet points to enhance readability. A seamless and intuitive navigation experience reduces friction in the buying process.
- Mobile Responsiveness: With the increasing use of mobile devices for online shopping, it’s essential that your product page is mobile-friendly. Ensure that the page layout, images, and CTA buttons are optimized for various screen sizes. A mobile-responsive design enhances user experience and caters to a broader audience.
- Trust-Building Elements: Build trust with potential customers by including trust badges, customer reviews, and testimonials on the product page. Showcase positive feedback and ratings to assure visitors of the product’s quality and reliability. Transparency is key to gaining trust in the online marketplace.
- Detailed Product Specifications: Provide detailed and accurate product specifications. This includes size, color options, materials used, and any other relevant details. The more information you provide, the more confident customers will feel about their purchase decisions.
- Offer Limited-Time Promotions: Create a sense of urgency and incentivize immediate action by incorporating limited-time promotions or discounts. Clearly communicate the value of the promotion and the deadline, encouraging visitors to make a decision promptly.
- Streamlined Checkout Process: Optimize the checkout process to minimize friction. A lengthy or complicated checkout process can lead to abandoned carts. Implement a progress indicator, offer guest checkout options, and reduce the number of form fields to complete the purchase efficiently.
- Cross-Selling and Up-Selling Opportunities: Utilize ShopBuilder’s capabilities to strategically place related products, accessories, or complementary items on the product page. This encourages customers to explore additional options and potentially increase their order value.
In conclusion, customizing your WooCommerce single product page is a pivotal step in establishing a unique and engaging online shopping experience. The default templates may create a sense of uniformity among countless websites, but with the right tools, like Elementor and ShopBuilder, you can effortlessly elevate your product presentation. These plugins, both accessible in their free versions, empower you to tailor your product pages without delving into intricate coding.
By following the step-by-step tutorial outlined above, incorporating the versatile widgets provided by ShopBuilder, and optimizing your product pages, you not only enhance the visual appeal but also elevate the overall user experience. Elementor’s widespread usage and user-friendly interface, combined with ShopBuilder’s specialized WooCommerce benefits, make them an ideal duo for crafting compelling and branded single-product pages.
Remember, the key lies in visual customization and strategic optimization for improved conversion rates. Clear product descriptions, high-quality visuals, user-friendly navigation, and trust-building elements contribute to a seamless online shopping journey. Leveraging the capabilities of ShopBuilder, such as cross-selling and up-selling opportunities, ensures that your customers explore additional offerings, potentially increasing your sales. With these tools and strategies at your disposal, you can set your WooCommerce product pages apart, fostering a deeper connection with your audience and driving success in the competitive online marketplace.