Since cleaning businesses are popular and always in demand, you need a cleaning business website to help you stand out and gain an advantage over your competition.
Although it is quite competitive, the cleaning industry is ever-growing and evolving – albeit slowly, which makes it straightforward for newcomers to fit in and old players to adapt. For instance, the emphasis on eco-friendly and sustainable cleaning practices is a relatively new thing but very popular.
A report by Grand View Research forecasts that the industry revenue will grow by 6.6% annually from 2023 to 2023 to show an increase in revenue from $392.05 billion to $616.98 billion. The size of the share one can have in such a robust and growing market can only depend on how one can improve one’s business. Here is why a website can contribute to the growth of your cleaning business:
- Online Reach and Visibility: A website with excellent local SEO gives you high rankings within your service area, so you’ll attract many clients.
- Service Showcase: The service and gallery (portfolio) pages allow you to showcase your service details, pricing models, special offerings, and before & after photos.
- Testimonials: Your site can have pages for testimonials and case studies so that your customers can give positive reviews that foster trust with potential ones, while successful projects and transformations can show your effectiveness.
- Promotional Offers: You can feature promotions, merchandise discounts, and other offers to encourage interaction, sales, and newsletter subscriptions.
- Mobile Accessibility: A website gives anyone easy access to your services and the click-button-to-call feature for easy contact.
Other ways of taking advantage of a cleaning service business website include analytics and data assessment, online payment options, social media integration, and online bookings, among others.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how you can create your own website without having to hire a coding expert.
How to Build a Cleaning Business Website with WordPress in 8 Steps
Step 1: Choose a Domain Name
The initial step in establishing your cleaning business website involves carefully selecting a domain name. This name becomes intrinsically linked to your brand, shaping its identity. Modifying it later could lead to a loss of clients. When opting for a domain, prioritize its alignment with your brand identity and chosen niche. Go for a name that is memorable and concise, enhancing both catchiness and ease of recall.
You should also give deep thought to the extension you choose. For instance, if your chosen domain is ‘spurcleaners,’ the ‘.com’ extension is widely recommended for its universal appeal, transforming your website into ‘spurcleaners.com’, making it memorable and professional.
Since your cleaning business likely operates in a specific country, a country-specific extension like ‘.uk’ for the United Kingdom or ‘.us’ for the United States of America is an option. Alternately, ‘.net,’ ‘.org,’ or ‘.co’ are valid considerations. Despite these options, the default recommendation remains ‘.com,’ known for its broad recognition and global relevance.
You should enlist the services of a domain registrar to register your chosen domain name and extension. Many domain registrars also double as hosting providers, simplifying the process for you. Notable options include NameCheap for its low pricing and Siteground for its longstanding reliability.
Step 2: Choose a Hosting Provider and Plan
The choice of a hosting provider plays a pivotal role in determining the performance and success of your cleaning business website. Consider various factors during this decision-making process:
- Speed and Performance: Select a hosting provider with sufficient bandwidth and swift server response times for optimal website speed.
- Scalability: Choose a hosting provider capable of seamlessly accommodating your website’s growth.
- Reliability: Choose providers offering a high uptime guarantee, ideally 99% or 99.99%, to ensure consistent website accessibility.
- Customer Support: 24/7 customer support is essential for prompt issue resolution. Evaluate their quality through online user reviews.
- Security Features: Ensure the hosting provider prioritizes website security, including SSL certificates and regular backups.
- Budget: Select a hosting provider with plans aligning with your budget. Options like Bluehost and HostGator provide reliable and diverse plans.
- User-Friendliness: Look for a provider offering a user-friendly interface and essential features like backup options.
Step 3: Choose WordPress as Your CMS
Opting for WordPress as your content management system (CMS) is a no-brainer, given its status as the world’s most popular CMS, powering a third of all websites. WordPress offers numerous advantages, especially when paired with hosting providers like HostGator, which optimize solutions for WordPress.
WordPress simplifies website management, even for those with limited technical expertise. Its user-friendly interface, extensive theme options, and vast plugin library contribute to its widespread adoption. With hosting providers optimizing services for WordPress, such as HostGator, the website-building process becomes streamlined, ensuring efficient performance and a robust foundation for your cleaning business site.
Step 4: Acquire, Install, and Activate a Cleaning Business WordPress Theme
Several cleaning business WordPress themes exist, and Clenix Theme emerges as a highly recommended choice. It offers numerous features and competitive pricing, boasting 6 homepages for a multipage website and over 20 inner pages for different purposes. Clenix guarantees all the features you need for a magnificent website.
Come with me as I guide you through the installation and customization of the theme for your ideal cleaning business website. Utilizing Clenix requires:
- WordPress version 5.0 or later;
- Recommended PHP version of 7.4.x (versions 7.2+ will work too);
- WordPress memory limit of 512 MB or more;
- MySQL version 5.0.15 or higher.
With regard to the use of WordPress versions, ensure that you use the latest stable version, which has all identified security issues and bugs fixed.
Phase 1: Download Clenix
Upon purchasing Clenix, locate it on your download page. Download the Clenix theme or the entire package, encompassing the theme, its child theme, documentation, and licensing.
Phase 2: Upload and Activate Clenix
Locate the theme files on your computer and upload them before activation. Two upload options exist: Theme Uploader or FTP Clients. Follow the steps for either method:
- Access Appearance 🡪Themes 🡪 Add New on your WordPress admin dashboard.
- In the popup window, select the Clenix.zip file from your computer files.
- Activate the theme on your admin dashboard.
- View it among your installed themes. Click the Begin Installing Plugins button to install all recommended and required plugins for Clenix.
- Check all boxes, select Install, and click the Apply button.
- Recheck all boxes, select Activate from the dropdown, and click the Apply button again.
- Use an FTP client like FileZilla and navigate to your WordPress installation directory.
- Upload the theme folder to the /wp-content/themes/ folder.
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and open Appearance 🡪 Themes. Clenix should be visible among your themes.
- Activate the theme.
Step 5: Customize the Website’s Structure
Clenix simplifies the process of customizing your site’s structure. Choose from the six highly customizable homepage demos to get started. Easily peruse all options and select the most suitable one.
Phase 3: Import Demo Contents
There are two demo import methods that you can go for. The ‘Automatic’ method, which only fails less than 5% of the time is our recommended way to go. In case of such a rare failure, the creators of Clenix offer a free demo import service.
Nonetheless, you should note that the Automatic method erases all existing website data. You should use it if you’re ready to start afresh or have a new site since it will give you a new site replicating the demo site prior to customization. This is how you get it done:
- Ensure Clenix Parent Theme is activated.
- Navigate to Tools 🡪 Demo Content Install or Plugins 🡪 RT Demo Importer 🡪 Install Demo Contents.
- Click Install on your preferred demo. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Update your Permalink by going to Settings 🡪 Permalink and click Save Settings.
You can then extensively customize your website’s structure, including pages, colors, typography, logos, menus, and more. Find all instructions in the theme’s documentation.
Step 6: Optimize Your Cleaning Business Website
With Clenix, optimizing your cleaning business website for SEO, speed, mobile responsiveness, social media integration, client testimonials, and user-friendly navigation becomes seamless. Enhance performance with:
- Top quality visuals
- Top-tier SEO plugins like Yoast
- Analytical tools like Google Analytics
- Privacy and accessibility compliance plugins, such as GDPR plugins
These strategies collectively contribute to a robust and appealing online presence. For specific preferences, reach out to the theme’s author for further customization.
Step 7: Monetize Your Cleaning Business Website
Monetizing your cleaning business website will require a blend of a few strategies, which include the following:
- Service Packages: Offer tiered cleaning packages with varying services and pricing to cater to different customer needs.
- Online Booking System: Implement an easy-to-use booking system on your website, allowing customers to schedule and pay for services online.
- Affiliate Marketing: Partner with cleaning product suppliers or related businesses for affiliate marketing opportunities, earning commissions on referred sales.
- Ad Space: Sell ad space on your website to local businesses or complementary services.
- Subscription Models: Introduce subscription plans for recurring cleaning services, providing a steady stream of income.
- E-commerce Section: Sell cleaning products, branded merchandise, or exclusive services directly through your website.
- Membership Programs: Create a membership program offering perks such as discounted rates, priority scheduling, or exclusive promotions.
- Educational Content: Monetize through sponsored content or affiliate marketing by creating valuable cleaning-related content, including guides and product reviews.
Step 8: Promote Your Cleaning Business Website
You need to promote your website if you are to start making money from it. You can incorporate various strategies, including the following:
- Local SEO Optimization
- Google My Business Listing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Online Reviews and Testimonials
- Paid Advertising (Google Ads)
- Email Marketing
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Referral Programs
- Promotional Discounts and Offers
Final Thoughts: Taking Your Cleaning Business to the Next Level
Having gotten this far, you already know the importance of having a cleaning business website. Having websites created by professionals for you can be quite expensive. Clenix has a multitude of advantages, including its affordable pricing and extensive features. You can rely on the support team, who are even available to help you install the theme and even tailor custom features that you think your site needs.
The steps you have navigated through summarize the path you need to create a top cleaning business website with Clenix. Instead of a normal site, you will have an executive assistant who helps you attract new clients, manage customer queries, display your services, and establish your brand. What’s more, it presents additional ways to bring you revenue.
We’re right there with you as you build your dream cleaning business website!